Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Baby Shower Cupcakes




It's been ages since I made a blog entry and I miss it dearly. I'm going to try to play catch up and post some entries of some of the work I've done that I just adore.  So much has happened since my last blog in May and business is showing steady progress, but still too slow for me.  I'm so eager to get RooneyGirl BakeShop into more consumers hands and make it a household name.  But all in good time, I guess. 
I just recently delivered an order for baby shower cupcakes.  The client asked for 5 dozen cupcakes (2 dozen of "his majesty" which is an elvis tribute cupcake consisting of banana cake, chocolate ganache filling, and peanut butter buttercream; also 3 dozen of classic vanilla/vanilla) with fondant decorations of bows, simple flowers, and monograms. She requested bright pink, yellow, purple, and baby blue.  I added some luster dust for some added sparkle. I just love how they came out. The decorations are entirely marshmallow fondant and I made them about 5 days before the delivery to allow them to dry.  I also challenged myself by making two tone bows which was a first for me and I think they came out just fabulous.





I also made a new flower - frangipani/plumeria - they look simple enough but are a little tricky - I learned from watching a you tube video of course :-).


My client loved the cupcakes and so did all the guests at the baby shower.  These are classic decorations and could really be used for any occasion
.  

No comments:

Post a Comment