Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Very Girly Birthday

A customer ordered some cupcakes for his girlfriend's birthday celebration. He wanted them decorated to some of her favorite things - he said she loves red & purple, leopard print, the cancer zodiac sign, and champagne.  Hmm, I thought to myself, crabs and champagne? How can I tie this all together to make a cohesive collection of cupcakes.  I decided to make the leopard print a back drop to the champagne glasses and cancer sign.  For the cancer sign, I just used a portion of the crab to make an abstract topper, I just used 1 arm and a part of the face and I think they turned out great.  For the champagne glasses, I cut some glasses, luster dusted them, and added edible pearls to look like bubbles.
 
 I also made some gerber daisies, calla lilies, and peonies to bring in the red & purple. 





Finally some cupcakes I decorated in edible pearls and sugar rubies which I made using isomalt sugar and molds.

I just love how it all turned out and I think she and her guests loved them too.

2 comments: